The Me and My Baby Programme is a group based programme that aims to support you in preparing for your baby’s arrival. It is based on the understanding that during pregnancy parents can welcome their babies and begin the transition to being the best parents possible.
- Support you to look at the social and emotional impact of impending motherhood
- Help you identify strategies to deal with the factors that influence the expectations and experiences of motherhood
- Show you what parents and babies can do together even during pregnancy
- Promote the process of attachment between you and your baby
The programme, which has been supported by the HSE, is an evidence informed programme for parents during the final trimester of pregnancy. There are 3 sessions which are held once a week.
The classes take place in Clondalkin and are FREE of Charge.
We are looking for mums who are:
- In the final trimester of their pregnancy at end of July with a due date around mid-end Sept
- Willing to do the programme in a small group format
- Can attend all three sessions starting September 2019
As part of the programme you will be asked to complete pre and post questionnaires to help us establish the benefits of the programme.
Places are strictly limited. If you are interested in taking part then please contact Archways on firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address,contact phone number and due date. We will contact you to run through the programme and outline all details.
Archways is an organisation that has been promoting and researching evidence based programmes for families for the past 10 years. This programme will be delivered by Dr Sean Mc Donnell a highly qualified and experienced parenting expert.