There are no current vacancies with Blue Skies Initiative
Community Development Worker
The ABC Programme is an early intervention and prevention initiative focusing on children, parents and services in Clondalkin and parts of Lucan. The programme aims to enhance child development and well-being, provide capacity-building supports to parents, and tackle educational disadvantage using evidence-informed approaches and interventions. The programme works in partnership with multiple services and agencies to ensure that children and families in the programme areas have access to integrated services.
The successful candidate will report to the Blue Skies Initiative Coordinator and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Archways.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The Community Development Worker will be responsible for:
- Establishing contact with individuals and groups in local communities especially disadvantaged communities within the Blue Skies Initiative catchment area, namely Adamstown, Lucan.
- Supporting the local community in Adamstown in collective action to address local issues by promoting the programme available through the Blue Skies Initiative
- Linking individuals and groups in disadvantaged communities to resources and supports available through Blue Skies Initiatives and other service providers
- Promoting social inclusion in local communities through effective use of community development principles and practice
- Establishing initial contact with individuals and groups in a number of local community settings
- Promoting the Blue Skies Initiative programmes in the local communities and schools
- Referral of individuals interested in Blue Skies Initiative services
- Supporting local community groups to develop projects to address needs in disadvantaged areas
Relevant Training or Qualifications
- It is essential that the applicant hold a relevant third level qualification in some or any of the following: Community Development, Youth Work, Social Sciences, Education or a related field.
Previous Experience Related to the Position
- Experience of working with groups and individuals in a community setting
- Knowledge and understanding of community development principles
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of social exclusion and marginalisation
- Experience and understanding of inter-agency work
- Experience and understanding of group facilitation
- Understanding of group process.
Click the link for detailed job description.
To apply for the position forward your CV and a supporting statement addressing the essential criteria detailed in above link to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on the 25th of March 2019
Applications will be shortlisted and successful candidates will be called for interview in April.